IMPORTANT: To ensure the proper execution of this virtual conference, please pay special attention to the instructions below. If you have any questions or difficulties following the guidelines, please contact the IFW2020 Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to help.
- How will the conference work?
- Preparing your presentation
- Uploading your pre-recorded presentation
- Preparing for your virtual session (Coming soon)
- Conference background for Zoom (Coming soon)
- To access the virtual conference (Coming soon)
The conference will be delivered over a professional platform, Zoom, and will be managed by a highly competent and very experienced technical team. The conference platform is rich with features such as text-based chat, Q&A box, questions with polls and more.
All Presentations (Keynote, Speakers and Posters/Express Presentation) have to be pre-recorded to improve the quality of the delivery, avoid going over time and avoid any technical issue. However, speakers should be virtually present for their entire session in order to answer questions and participate in the discussion.
The virtual conference will be similar to any in-person conference. Presentations are assembled in sessions according to a theme and they are assigned a virtual room. A Chair coordinates each session. All registered attendees can attend all technical sessions and switch from session to session at will. Participants access the session of their choice by entering a virtual room via a hyperlink.
As with in-person conferences, there will also be a dedicated period for questions and discussion after the presentations. Participants will be able to use a Q&A box (similar to a chat) to ask questions during and right after the presentations. The session’s chairperson will then select a few questions, depending on the time allocated for the discussion, and will read them to the presenter, who will be able to answer verbally during the session. The presenter will also be able to answer, after her/his session, any remaining questions through the Q&A box.
All sessions will be fully recorded for post-conference streaming so that all registered attendees will be able to revisit the sessions and catch up with the talks they've missed. Please note that we automatically assume that presenters accept their recorded presentation to be made available to participants for post-conference streaming on IFW2020 website. In case of refusal, presenters need to notify us at IFW2020@conferium.com by November 19, 2020 and the secretariat will manage the requests.
- Keynote Speaker: The time allocated to each keynote speaker is 40 minutes (30’ pre-recorded presentation followed by a 10’ for questions).
- Contributed Talk (Oral): The time allocated to each contributed talk is 15 minutes (12’ pre-recorded presentation followed by a 3’ for questions).
- Express Presentation (Poster) : The time allocated to each express presentation speakers is 5 minutes (5’ pre-recorded).
For a pre-recorded presentation, you will have to record yourself narrating a digital version of your presentation. You are free to choose the style of presentation you want, you can decide to record only your slides, yourself or both. It is suggested to use creative methods, e.g. subtitles, animations and video, to enhance your presentation further.
You can use the software or application of your choice to prerecord your presentation. Different tools are available to assist you and enhance your presentation, please find some suggestions below:
- Zoom (How to pre-record Your Screen and Yourself with ZOOM)
- Microsoft Powerpoint (Instruction video)
- Prezi (Instruction for a video)
More information to improve your video presentation
If you wish to allow attendees to contact you after the conference, make sure to include your name and email address on the last slide of your presentation.
The question period will take place in livestream following your presentation. The technical staff will give you access to the discussion and the Chair will lead the question period.
You have until November 16, 2020 to submit your pre-recorded video.
When you are ready to upload your presentation, gather the following information before entering the uploading system:
- Recorded video file (please remember to use the abstract reference number to rename your video).
- Reference Number (you will find it in the acceptance notice email sent by IFW2020 secretariat).
- Access Code (you will find it in the acceptance notice email sent by IFW2020 secretariat).
- To upload your video to our server, you have to access your submitted abstract. Please click on the link below and use the access code provided previously by IFW2020 Secretariat.
- Once your are logged in your file, click on « Upload your video here », the button on the top menu bar, and follow the steps.
- At the end of the process, please do not forget to click on "Finalize" button to validate your entry or your modifications.