Welcome to Québec City, Canada
It is with great pleasure and pride that the new organizing committee invites you to attend the 3rd International Conference Insects to Feed the World 2020.
The conference continues its journey across the continents and will be held this time in North America in the beautiful city of Québec from June 2-6 2020.
The conference will take place at the Québec Convention Centre which is located in a prime area surrounded by world‐class hotels and tourist attractions, including the historic district of Old Québec. Québec City is the only fortified city in North America and the oldest city on the continent north of the Mexican border. Founded in 1608, the city is famous for its European character and magnificent landscapes, which make it a highly valued and internationally recognized tourist destination. Québec City also proudly appears on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
As the world’s leading conference in all aspects related to insects as food and feed, Insects to Feed the World 2020 will provide a venue for intellectual and enlightening discussions of ideas at the emerging and frontier of the subject. The conference program will be broad with topics including, but not limited to:
- Insect as food (ethno-entomology)
- Harvesting and traditional role of eating insects
- Sustainable consumption and food security
- Perception, marketing and economics
- Insect production systems
- Processing organic side streams
- Optimization, engineering, automatation and security
- Genetics, nutrition, physiology, health & ethics of edible insects
- Waste management
- Processing, conservation and food safety of insect products
- Quality control, legislation, and policy
- Insects as feed
- Alternative protein sources and diet formulations
- Marketing an economics
- Circular economy & environmental sustainability
- Non-food applications of insect
- International actions for the development of the insect industry
Academics, government organizations, industrial partners and interested citizeare are invited to the event as trade shows and experimental activities with insects are planned.
The organizing committee wishes that the event allows all the actors to exchange and to give a unique opportunity to propel edible insects in the future of agriculture and food systems.
We look forward to welcome you for your next conference in the beautiful city of Québec!
The Organizing Committee